What is paperwork order for notifying Residents Office about address change?
When you change your address, you have struck off the register from the old residence to register at the new place of residence. How does it work:
- Firstly you go to Residents Office at the new place of residence and register there.
- Secondly you visit through Residents Office at the old residence and struck off there.
Documents that you have to provide to Residents Office at the new place of residence:
- Passport (the one that you visit when you travel abroad)
- Swiss ID card
- The contract of rent or buy of a new apartment.
- Your insurance policy. Residents Office needs your AVS. You can find it in your insurance policy.
- A questioner for change of address. You can download it online from a web site of or take it from Residents Office.
- Photo 3×4. (Not necessarily straight away. You will need it later on when you will receive a new Swiss ID. However you won’t need it at all, if your ID is a plastic card. You will need a special photo for it).
Within certain period of time you will receive an invitation to Residents Office to receive your new Swiss ID.
Documents that you have to provide to Residents Office at the old residence:
As soon as you receive the proof that you are registered at the new place of residence, you should take all the documents mentioned above + the proofs of address change and go to Residents Office at the old residence.
At this moment you have officially changed the address. Our congratulations!